Sunday, May 6, 2007

Sunny's 2nd Birthday!

Sunny was just as cute as ever on his birthday. We had a last minute birthday party. It was the day before his birthday and I decided I would at least invite our nearby neighbors and family really fast. I was surprised that they all came. I wished that I had invited more people. I honestly didn't think it would turn out as well as it did. I went into the hospital the Thursday night before his birthday because I had excessive postpartum bleeding. (Either from working out too hard or some placenta could have been remaining in the uterus) I was two weeks postpartum. Nephi did great being away from me and taking a bottle. He went back to nursing just great. It was quite a nerve-racking experience. I'll spare you the details for now. Family and neighbors were great help. I never felt any pain at all. It was just a very weird experience. All of the boys are doing great. Nephi is growing quickly. He is a good baby. We are trying to start figuring out a routine with him. Sleep deprivation is starting to catch up with me. I am out of it at night. Sunny is talking a little more and has started using some signs more. He is very much a 2-year-old and surprisingly VERY rough and tough with the other boys. No messin' with this little guy! He is infatuated with shoes, and his most favorite things in the world right now are his shoes. He LOVES to wear flip flops, so Aunti Melissa bought him some, and he loves them so much that he even sleeps with them sometimes. He is very much an explorer and can take apart almost anything within seconds. Watch out! Don't give him anything to write with unless you can give him 100% attention or you'll be sorry! He looks like a little beach hunk and is getting a little thicker. He is our wonderful sleeper, which really helps!

Jonathan is doing great too. He is just as excited about life as ever. He had his interview at his Montessori school last week. I can't believe it, but we have actually decided to let him go to school and not homeschool. He seemed to really like his teacher. She was really good with him. We will see how it all goes. He has so much energy and such a great need for interaction with other people. It feels right so far. It will be a 20 minute drive to school though. It is a charter school, so it is free. I am really impressed with Montessori schools and I wish that I went to one. It is fascinating and very nurturing for children. I think it'll be a good fit for Jonathan and our family. Jon is working with 2 other docs. He is training with them to take over a clinic that they'll buy in Goodyear. He will start that in a few weeks. We are all very pumped about that. He will then buy the clinic from them in a few years. Jon is still in scouts, I am still in primary and relief society callings (double-duty will hopefully change soon).

Okay, so the change to 3 kids! Lots busier, but also a lot of fun. There are defintely some fun times when 2 or 3 are crying at the same time, but those times aren't very common. The two older boys are starting to have tons of fun together. That is a lot of fun. They also get into trouble a lot too. Laundry is a daily thing around here. Mud, squished food, and writing on walls are definitely a part of daily life. The boys are getting bigger, meaning they can climb higher. So my next challenge is making sure that they stay in the house and backyard and not climb over the fence. Jonathan has done it once, but I know more is coming. They keep me hopping. It'll be so fun to see Nephi with them when he gets more mobile. We have been trying not to eat wheat or dairy, because a lot of health problems stem from them. So no meat, wheat, or dairy. Anybody for some fruit! I actually ate a raw, almost completely fruitarian diet for 4 days, but by the fourth day I wanted something warm and cooked! If I ever do go raw- it will have to be a slow transition. I would like at least half my diet to be fresh fruit and veggies. My favorite protein is raw almonds.

The hardest thing for me is not exercising! I have to wait about 3 more weeks until I can start (gradually) exercising. I have got to be EXTRA careful to wait for my uterus to heal. It is killing me. I just want to jump! Well, enjoy the pics! We love you all.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: