Sunday, April 1, 2007

My Beautiful New Family of 5!








We had a beautiful water birth March 28th at almost 7 am. All of my boys were there. It was so wonderful. I was so tired and I thought I had several hours left of contractions. A few tears slowly rolled down my face as I told Jon in a soft voice that I didn't think I could do it anymore. (I had been having contractions for several days- then regularly through the entire night. I was very exhausted.) Then a few minutes later I started feeling like I needed to push! Jon was great at encouraging me while taking care of the boys at the same time (they had woken up) The midwife was not yet there, so Jon and I got to welcome the baby into our world just as a family. It was an amazing experience. I absolutely loved having the baby in the water. I also loved the hypnobirthing technique I used, which focuses on relaxation, visualization, and using each contraction to its fullest to help expand your body open. It made a huge difference. I recommend it to anyone. My midwife came just a few minutes after Nephi Nathanael Peterson was born at 7 pounds and 14 ounces, 23 inches long!, and head/shoulders at 13 inches. So far the adjustment has been very smooth with everyone's help and support. My recovery, even despite a lot of blood loss, is extremely well and I am back to doing more than I should be doing. I thank God for giving me this perfect birth experience. It was so pure and natural. There were no drugs, no strangers. I was ready to give up, but with God's and Jon's help I did it. God knew that I wanted this water birth. It was one of the most important and spiritual days of my life (among the other births of my sons as well as my marriage to Jon.) Well, now I am sure life will be just as tiring and fun as ever! Thank you everyone for all of your help, encouragement, gifts, meals, prayers, kind words, etc. We love you so much!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: